Monday, January 25, 2010

blogger fraud..

I am sitting here looking at my blog and thinking that I am a fraud. It has been almost a month since I last posted and just feel like, what have I been doing?
I know that life can totally get in the way but is that really it. I sometimes feel that I would just rather live through all of the other blogs that I read and when I get done reading all of them, I sit and think, I can't be that creative. The other thought that I have is that I can make that, but that doesn't seem right either. Can I come up with something original? No, not if I am spending all of my time looking at all the other blogs.
So, here is the true dilemma, do I continue as is, or do I start downsizing my blog list and start living my own life again?
I know that I need to do something because this is not working. I am not sewing, cleaning house, or enjoying my life.
What to do, what to do????

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I've felt like you feel lots of times! I promise, everyone feels that way. What has worked for me is to think about what I really love about sewing, and just focus on that. It's too easy to get discouraged by people who seemingly have perfect lives, or who always post perfect projects. OH gosh, the people who only sew wool gabardine trousers and silk tops, and everything is lined with invisible zippers, and requires pantyhose and heels. Heck. I'm a cotton skirt & tee kind of girl on the BEST day!! And then one day I realized... I'm not a hose/wool gabardine lined skirt/tailored jacket kind of girl. And that's OK!!

    Once I let all those imaginary expectations go, I started enjoying sewing alot more! Then I found I had more to blog about, and you know what?? The people reading my blog grew and grew. Turns out there are plenty of people out there like me, those cotton skirt & tee girls! I hope you keep blogging, but if you need to, take a little break. Sometimes it really helps! :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, Thank you so much for your comment. It helps to know that in the huge mass of Internet space, you are not alone. I am totally on board with the t-shirt/jean girl. I love to look to see what fancy items someone else is making and always think that I can do that, but that is not my life style right now.
    Your comment couldn't of come at a better time. I am starting to lean to new areas of sewing and it is time for me to focus.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Artist's Way always helps me when I'm feeling that way. It's a great book/program for gaining creative clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember you have your own talents. Check in on others and give yourself a time limit. Make a rule for yourself, it you compare yourself negatively, you lose computer time :o)

    ReplyDelete