Friday, August 28, 2009

Altering Cheerleaders Uniform

I have been working on the cheerleading outfits. I had to shorten a couple of the tops. Just cut next to the band and moved it up and sew.

Then on to the skirts. These were the old fashion kind with all the box pleats around the skirt. Few of the skirts needed to be taken in at the waist, and then the girls decided that they wanted them more fitted to their hips. So, we decided to take out the two side pleats.

I removed the stitching that kept the box pleat laying down and then opened up the waist band. Removed the needed inches and went from waistband to hem. I then cut the white pleated area out and ironed. I think it turned out pretty good and I know that Becca was very happy with the results.



Then on to a refashion, This is the BEFORE. Just a long sleeve t-shirt. Nothing very special. But....
With the help of Happy Together Tute this is the AFTER. It is a gift for a friend but I may have to make one for myself.


I really think the front is very pretty. I also made the headband, but didn't take a picture of it because it is just a bunch of rows of fabric in a circle.


I have signed up to do the Wardrobe Refashion for 4 months. We don't hear till the 31st if we are invited to join. I really have my fingers crossed that I get to try again. I did this back at the beginning of the year and did not do well with posting, but maybe with having the blog it will be better this time around.
So, what is next? I have swaddling blankets to make for the Take2 event in Lincoln in October. Also have some booties to do. Have some great ideas. So more later.
Have a great weekend. Think we are going to the Fair on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment