Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Orphaned bumper pads....

I sit here and realize that it has been almost a month since I have posted. Bad blogger, bad blogger. Now, just so that you know, I have not been sitting watching soaps and eating bonbons.

I have been busy creating new nursery sets for the orphaned bumper pads that you find at the thrift store. I am feeling pretty proud of what has come out of this adventure.
I started with a lone bumper pad that I got for .99 cents. Headed to the fabric store to get matching fabric.




Was able to make comforter, dust ruffle, and 2 valances.
Originally it was going to be boy directed, but when I took a closer look at the toile like fabric that I picked out, I discovered that there is a girl and her mom on it. Talk about a change of plans. I then decided to add the dollies and yo-yo's to add a more feminine touch. I do think it worked.

Now I am on to my 3rd orphaned bumper pad project. Bring on the boys.
I will get photos posted of my first advanture in orphaned bumper pads lated today.




No comments:

Post a Comment