Friday, September 11, 2009

Dress for wedding this saturday.

I have a wedding to go to this Saturday and knew that I wanted a new dress to wear to it. Also, since I pledged to refashion I had to come up with an idea. Oh, and it had to be quick, I only had 2 days to get it done. So, I found a Kimono dress with Obi sash in Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. It was perfect.


Off to the thrift store I go. OK, it was a couple, but I found what I needed. This is what I started with.

and this.

I love the combination of the two together. Both pieces are a poly fabric and the blue wide leg jumpsuit is a crepe and the scrub top is satin. I started by tracing the pattern pieces that I needed and it is always just little confusing because it looks like this laying on the table.

After getting the pattern traced, I started trying to figure out where all the pieces would work on the jumpsuit. After a few changes, I got it done and I really am happy with the results.


Hoping that I get a picture taken with my wearing the dress. Maybe at the wedding. So, now that is done, I have some alterations to do next. Then I will show pictures of the swaddling blanket. Also, found a site that touched my heart and will be up on the list of to do's. http://greysonsgift.blogspot.com/ Just alittle something that I can do to heal my heart and give back to those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment