Friday, September 11, 2009

Decorating a seam from a tear.

I have a friend that asked me to repair a pair of carpi's that had a very large rip in the seat. I told her that I could but it would be ugly.


So, after the repair, it was ugly. Knowing that she wasn't wearing them with the tear, I used creative privileges and came up with an idea to cover some of the repair. So with some ribbon and flowers I come up with this idea.


I liked the way that it covered most of the repair but looked like it was suppose to be there. I also put some of the ribbon and flowers on the opposite leg pocket to balance it out.



And this is how the back end looks. Now the only problem that I had was the glue that I was using to glue down the flower petals make the rust colored flowers darker in color.

I think my friend liked them. I believe that she was just glad to have them back to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment