Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PUL One Size Diapers

OK, I have actually made some cloth diapers.  Now, no laughing, but I have had this PUL fabric for at least 2 years now. 
The reason for the delay in making the diapers was confusion and fear.  For the life of me, I just could not wrap my brain around how to make them.  So after talking to my friend SS, I went on line and found on You Tube a tute from Jalie about how to make them and Thump in the forehead, I got it.
Now, I did purchase the Kamsnap pliers and am very happy for the purchase.  It has made the construction very easy. 
I lined the diapers with a stretch velour and the soaker is 2 layers of thrifted towels and a micro terry. 
I am very happy with how they have come out.  Now I have some solid red, lite pink and lite blue to work on. 
Hoping to sell them in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, diapers can be a bit of an experience. I'm still working on a few more for my little guy. I love the fact that the insides are thrifted, I use old towels that my aunt gets for free from the hotel she works at. They have to get rid of them every so often, so I get new inserts all the time.

    ReplyDelete